Contact Information

Mombasa Road
Nairobi, Kenya

We Are Available 24/ 7. Call Now.

Nandi County Governor Stephen Sang and his deputy Yulita Cheruiyot on Monday said that they would be taking 30 per cent pay cut in March and April.

The money, they said, will be channelled to the newly established County Emergency Fund for fighting against the new coronavirus.

The county boss made the announcement after holding a meeting with his executives and County Commissioner Kutswa Olaka.

“The county leadership has agreed to take pay cuts for the months of March and April with myself and the Deputy Governor taking a 30 per cent cut; the county secretary, the county executive committee members and the chief officers will take a 25 per cent cut for the same period,” he said while addressing the press outside his office in Kapsabet.

The county, like others across the country, has been preparing for a possible Covid-19 outbreak by establishing isolation wards and buying necessary equipment to handle the disease.

So far, 16 Covid-19 cases have been confirmed in the country, although none have been recorded in the devolved unit.

“The resultant amount will be channelled into the Emergency Fund Account to enable us procure additional and urgently needed medical supplies and items in response to the emergency at hand,” added the governor.

Share:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *